Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Long Over Due

Ben wanted me to blog this in December but it just never happened. This past Christmas my mom introduced us to the tradition of having one Santa's elves come visit before Christmas. My kids wrote a letter to Santa asking for the things they wanted and for an elf to come visit. The next day the letter was gone and Simpson the elf was there instead. We read a letter that he wrote saying how if you sprinkle him with magic snow, he will wake up when everyone is sleeping. Here are some of his shenanigans.
He had a game night with the girls dolls.

He took a marshmallow bath.

He hung snowflakes all over the family room.

He made cookies and flour angels.


He built his own little castle out of blocks.

He marked his territory.


The kids absolutely loved having Simpson stay and it was alot of fun for us too. We definitely want to make it a tradition in our house. The kids were so sad to see him go but the mom wasn't too sad due to the fact she had to clean up all of Simpson's messes.

11 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun tradition to have! I bet the kids loved it! I need to call you about a play date, we have just had a sick baby here...thanks again!

Diana said...

Brilliant - I am so remembering this for next year!!! I love the little things that adds magic to the air, yet when they look back when older they realize how much Mom and Dad loved them. I can not believe how clever Simpson was - that castle was pretty amazing. Looks like you guys pulled some late nights at your house.

hoLLY said...

What a cute idea, I bet they loved it! I may have to copy you!

Jenny Kapp said...

That is fun! Ben was a great sport in being marked up for the doll! The snow angel in the flour was classic! Good job!

Aleesha said...

That is so cute. I'm glad you posted it, even though you're a month and a half behind. :)

Katie said...

Oh my, that is so fun! I especially loved the marking his territory :)

Sara said...

Cute idea, Nicole. Can you write about it again next December so I remember to use it? :) That's one creative elf, for sure.

Daina Romney said...

that is a very popular tradition out here, those elves are always getting into mischief!

Amy said...

Love it!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Hilarious!! Glad to see you blogging again, I missed you!

Jamie Hadlow said...

K...How cool is that tradition?! I bet your kids were lovin' it! Love the pic of Ben...