Friday, May 1, 2009

Austin Woolf Romney

He is finally here. He was born April 20th at 6:31 pm, apparently the same birthday as Hitlers. Thanks for pointing that out Kyle. He weighed 8'6'' and was 20 1/2 inches long. He has brown eyes and brown hair. He actually has the most hair out of all my kids. It was quite a shock and he is obviously adorable as you can see. Unfortunately the little guy had what they call TTN and I'm not going to remember what that stands for. Basically he had fluid stuck in his lungs that they couldn't get out so he was having a hard time breathing. Some babies can clear it out in 24 hours but some can take up to a week or more and of course Austin decided he should be in the week or more category. They say it is alot more common with C-sections because the fluid doesn't get squeezed out in the birth canal. So they had to admit him to the NICU so that means 3 out 4 of our kids are part of the NICU club. Not bad huh. He was completely fine in every other aspect so it wasn't as bad as it was with our twins and we had done it all before so we were pros. A week after he was born we were finally able to bring him home but on oxygen which was our choice. We could either keep him in the NICU till he could breath fine on his own or bring him home earlier on oxygen. We wanted him home as soon as possible so we decided on the oxygen plus we had to do that with Tate also so we're pros at that as well. We are just so glad that he is finally home and we are a complete family. The kids were starting to think he wasn't real and Ben said he felt like Austin was the hospital's baby and we were just visiting. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to take him off the oxygen completely. It would definitely make things alot easier. I'm getting a little sick of our Family room/master bedroom/nursery. As you can see in these pics Kennedy adores baby Austin. She is my little mom. Always helping me out. So far I haven't lost it yet with 4 kids but time will tell. Thanks to everyone that has been helping us out especially my mom and dad who bravely watched our three kids for an entire week.





14 comments:

Three K's and Two P's said...

Congratulations, he is so adorable. I am glad that he was able to come home and that things are going well. You are quite the super mom, I am amazed by you. I only have two and I feel like I am just running and running all the time. CONGRATS!

Kim said...

Congrats... and yes I agree he is ADORABLE! What a fun little clan you have! Enjoy and really - just holler if you need anything!

Diana said...

Welcome Little Austin! He is adorable - I can not wait to come see him!

Aleesha said...

So cute! I'm glad you've kept your cool so far. I can't wait though to hear all the fun stories in the future though with your twins and the new baby. There are bound to be some good ones.

Rachel and Kelly said...

Congrats. He is so cute and I can't wait to meet him.

Jenny Kapp said...

Glad he finally made it! Very cute! I love Kennedy's expression in the last photo - she does love that boy!

Uriona Family said...

He is so precious! Congratulations. :)

Daina Romney said...

Glad that he made it home safe and sound! Can't wait to meet him in a a few weeks!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Oh, wow, Nicole. He's beautiful, and those pics of Kennedy are so cute. I'm glad he's home and doing well!

Do you need any reading material? Something trashy to take your mind off reality? ;-)

Ann's ART said...

Congratulations! Nicole, he totally looks like you. How fun!! Noah had that same problem when he was born. Hope that little guy is doing well

The Zick's said...

How precious!!! I will always remember his B-Day...I was born the same day my twins were..

Sara said...

Congratulations, Nicole! Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and we are so happy for you! I hope we get to see him soon.

Tiffany & Co. said...

He is a really cute baby! You guys have the cutest kids. So sad to hear he couldn't come home right away, but glad he is doing well. I applaud you for growing your family, you are amazing!