Tuesday, April 14, 2009

St. Patricks Day

I am trying to get caught up on my posts before I have this baby but I am not sure that it's possible. This St. Patrick's Day we had a little party for the girls. My only idea for the day was to make green pancakes which when I told Kennedy about it she made a disgusted face and said, "No thanks Mom". I finally convinced her that they would taste the same and that it was only food coloring so she agreed to try them and was shocked. I hadn't planned on the party but Kitty's preschool got cancelled and she was just crushed about it so we decided to do something on our own. Lauren and Reese were sad to so we decided to invite them in on the fun. So after an agonizing trip to Target we had all the materials we needed. If you noticed Tate isn't in any of the pictures, it was because he was in a timeout during the party for bad behavior. My trip to Target should have been only 15 minutes long but became 40 minutes because of Tate. I couldn't put him in the cart because he would scream bloody murder and everyone in the store would stare at me. I'm sure they're thinking jeez lady get a grip on that kid so I would let him walk and then he would play his favorite game in Target of hide and seek with mommy. Then after we get home he starts throwing a humongous fit and that was it. I had hit my Tate quota of the day. It was much more peaceful without him and we all know Tate has no interest in making crafts anyways. The girls colored a picture of a leprechaun with a rainbow and then they built their own rainbow with clouds. I came up with that idea and was quite impressed with myself if I may say so. Pretty sad huh. Then Michelle brought over sugar cookies for them to decorate and then they all got to search for their own pot of gold outside. I think they all had fun and they still got to have their preschool party later that week.



2 comments:

hoLLY said...

so cute!! yes you do need to catch up ha love the pics!!!!

Daina Romney said...

looks like fun, I notice Kennedy is wearing sandals just like Mairyn's Target right, we always seem to end up with the same shoes for those two. Good luck with the baby next week. Have Ben call to let us know how it goes. We never even saw you pregnant so it is hard to believe that it is real! Good Luck!