Saturday, March 14, 2009

Father Son Outing

This week Ben took Tate to the Thomas and Friends show at the E Center. As some of you may know Tate is completely obsessed with trains right now especially Thomas and his friends. Ben bought the tickets awhile ago but never told Tate because he didn't want to hear, " When we going to see Thomas, Dad?" everyday. In fact he didn't even tell him at all. When he got to the E Center he kept saying look dad that kid has a Thomas shirt like me but it never clicked. They sat down waiting and finally figured it out when the show started and he heard Thomas's whistle. He then totally freaked out and was so excited. We weren't exactly sure if he would enjoy a show with singing and dancing but apparently its okay as long as there are trains in it. Those of you that don't know Tate all that well should know that Tate hates it when anyone sings. Ben said they had pretty good seats but I guess they weren't good enough for Tate because he kept trying to climb on top of Ben's head. So the outing was a success which I was so happy about cause Ben usually has such high expectations of how these things should go and he is usually let down. Maybe the kids are just getting old enough to appreciate them. Here are some pics. The first one Tate said that him and Ben needed to make silly faces which I think turned out pretty cute.



6 comments:

hoLLY said...

how fun! I bet they had so much fun!!!

Diana said...

What a cool daddy:) I missed you at church, I hope all is well at your house. If you need a little break Maggies would love to have the girls over and Tate can come too.

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Holy cow, your kids are getting so big! Say hi to Kennedy for me!!

Aleesha said...

Those are cute pictures. Ben is such a good dad. When I saw that Thomas was coming I was a little sad that my boys aren't into that anymore. As much as I loathed those stinkin' Thomas songs, I kind of miss them now. At least I have Rocky :).

Debbie said...

How fun for Tate - and Ben. Hope we get to see you guys soon.

Three K's and Two P's said...

So, have you had your new addition yet? I don't even know your due date for sure but I thought you weren't too far behind me. Hopefully all is going well!