Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hooray A Successful Vacation

You heard me right. We actually had a vacation go off without a hitch which has not occurred since the twins were born. To be honest I still can't believe it went as well as it did. Sure we hit a few speed bumps but nothing we couldn't handle. Last weekend we went down to St. George at Sand Hollow Reservoir to do some primitive camping. I'm not sure that staying in a trailer with a bathroom, kitchen, and air conditioning is really all that primitive but hey that is my kind of camping. The kids had a blast and Ben was finally able to get his boat out which is all he has been thinking about lately. He even tried to convince me to go boating when Pineview was still frozen. NO JOKE! I know I have been behind on my blogging but this trip is partly to blame. I needed two days before our trip to prepare and two days after to recover so I have basically been out of commission since last Wednesday until now. But I am back and ready to roll so I am posting some pictures from our trip. WARNING: A bunch of pictures are about to follow so if you do not want to see tons of picture of my family turn back now before it is to late.


Ben bought these boats for them and it was their favorite sand toy. Tate barely ever put it down.





Kennedy and Jada enjoying the beach. It is so beautiful down there if you haven't been there you need to go.





Grandma Woolf bought this hat for Tate and he barely took it off the whole trip.









This is one of the kids favorite things to do on the boat. We stop somewhere quiet and let the kids kick their feet in the water. They aren't quite brave enough for the tube yet.





Tate enjoyed playing in the mud more than the water. The first day he kept looking at us wondering when we were going to tell him to stop doing it since it's a no no at home. Any suggestions on how to get red sand out of a swimming suit?





If Tate wasn't in the mud, he was sitting in Papa's Rhino. He sat there for an entire hour once and would just yell keys every once and awhile. Every time someone took the Rhino and he wasn't on it he would throw the biggest fit. You know how boys love their toys.





We visited my Aunt and Uncle who live down there and decided to have a little pool party. Kennedy was a bit cranky if you can't tell.





Tate was going a little crazy while we were there. Don't worry Ben was not hit in the head by the gun. I thought you would be curious since I wasn't posting the after shot.





Believe it or not there was actually two more people than this in the hot tub at one point.




Well if you made it this far I congratulate you. I know how some people hate long blogs so for those who made it kudos. Here's hoping our next vacation can go off without a hitch as well. I'm pushin it aren't I. Hey a girl can dream.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You needed a vacation! Don't we all? I am so glad you had fun! Are you coming to Book CLub tomorrow?

Jenny Kapp said...

Yeah! That is wonderful that you got a little R&R! The warmth of the photos is still penetrating my skin!

Diana said...

Welcome Home!!! Loved all the pics and who cares if a blog is long or not you're capturing memories.

laceemo3 said...

Looks like you had a fun vacation. Welcome back! ummmm ya im sorta ready for book club tomorrow but i kinda read other books and couldnt quite get to the book club book. So ill just fake it! See ya tomorrow

Tiffany & Co. said...

It must have been so nice to be somewhere warm and to get in the water and splash around. How fun for your kids. I'm glad it was a great vacay, you totally deserve it!