Thursday, May 22, 2008

June's Book Club Choice

We had our first book club meeting tonight and it went really well and it was alot of fun. Thanks Amy. Well needless to say Amy calls me Wednesday asking if I would do the pick for June and be ready to give my choice on Thursday. I decided I wanted to pick a book I haven't read so I immediately got on amazon.com and started searching. I came up with three choices for everyone to pick from and the winner is: (drum roll)



The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger say that name 10 times real fast. I have heard alot of good things about this book and it is being made into a movie so I figured it must be somewhat good, right. The book has 546 pages so its more than last months so girls who had a hard time finishing the book last month better get movin. The movie is scheduled to release Dec. 25th of this year and for those people who want a picture to put in your head of the main characters, Eric Bana is playing Henry (yum) and Rachel McAdams is playing Clare.



So ladies next month meeting is on Tuesday June 24th at 7:00 and my house is of course the place. So get ready cause I throw one heck of a party.

7 comments:

laceemo3 said...

Im so excited! Book Club was fun even though I didnt get around to reading the book. Ill do better this time I promise!

Erin said...

Great, hard time finishing, I had a hard time starting. I, Erin, promise to read this book by book club. There, it's on the Internet now so it must be true.

Daina Romney said...

Hey Nicole, I am reading this right now and really enjoying it, I am trying to juggle three books right now, but I should get some reading done at the beach this week! Yeah!

Erin H said...

Nicole, I guess Stacy invited myself and her to the book club. I hope you're all OK with that. Looks like a good read - and hey, if they are making a movie out of it - can't be too bad right? Thanks - see you June 24.

Sara said...

I am very excited to see what kind of party you throw. It'll be a challenge for me to "top it" once I get the chance to host! And, I looked up the book on Amazon, and it looks great. Thanks for picking it.

Amy said...

Yeah! So excited-- I know your party will be awesome! Can I help in any way? Since I threw it on you I thought I could help somehow- let me know!

Erin said...

Amy said you have read the book already. Can I borrow yours?