Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kennedy's Recital

I'm back! I took a short sabbatical and now I am ready to go again. My life seemed a little crazy there for a few weeks but I think it is starting to slow a bit. Kennedy had her recital and did a great job. There was only two of them in her group but that didn't scare her at all. She was so excited to dance up on the big stage. Ben got a picture of her doing a toetouch and she was so impressed. They got trophies with their names on them like last year so when I gave the trophy to Kennedy she replied but mom I already have one of these and I told her ya but that one is purple and this one is turquoise and she grabbed it and said oh okay. On the way home though she broke the dancer off the top so don't mention the trophy to her cause now it is a sore subject. I promised to fix it which I fully intend to do one of these days.I had to be the class mom for her class so I had to stay with them until after they went on so Ben was left with the twins alone and let me tell you Ben was not happy about it. Ben's mom, sister, my sister in-law, and her daughter were there so they helped as much as they could but apparently they could see me on the other side of the auditorium and they were not happy about it. You would think we would have learned from the previous years experience and found babysitters but we always hope one of these times they will be good. Well those of you that don't now Sophie goes to the same studio as Kennedy and so Jaclyn and Joe were there and Cade did not want to sit still so either Jaclyn or Joe(can't remember which) took Cade out with Joe's mom and when they got to the lobby Joe's mom says hey at least he's not acting like that kid and they look over and see a boy kicking and screaming on the floor with a dad trying to control him and wouldn't you know it, it is no other than Tate and Ben.Joe laughs and says that's my neighbor. Needless to say Ben was quite on edge by the time Kennedy was done and we will definitely getting a babysitter next year that is if we learn from our mistakes. Once same on them twice same on us three times and we would have to be complete idiots. So who is free next year?

8 comments:

jaclyn said...

it was pretty funny! i'm just glad i'm not the only one with a crazy boy

laceemo3 said...

I love the costume and that picture of the toe touches is awesome!!!

Erin said...

I love her costume! Kennedy looks beautiful as always! So funny about Tate. Matt was mad at Zach because he sat through the whole 2 1/2 hours of Tay's dance thing and was perfect. He was hoping Zach would be his USUAL self and he would get to leave after about 20 minutes.

Amy said...

Oh- so cute! Kennedy is a little doll in her little get up. Love it!

The Close's Place said...

Probably the cutest costume I've seen.

Ann's ART said...

Kennedy looks so darling. I am impressed with the toe touch. She must take after her mother. Maura just had her recital last week, and we didn't have anything near as impressive as toe touches! How have you been anyway? You need to post more often so I can keep updated!

April said...

That costume is adorable! Where does she take from?

Tiffany & Co. said...

Kennedy looks adorable in her costume and I can't believe she did a toe touch!