Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn Chaos

So in my previous post I told you I would post pictures of the parties for those of you who decided to stay home that night and instead just go in the morning when the mad rush was over. It was alot of fun and crazy. We ended up going to Wal-mart instead of Barnes and Noble because we had 400 people in front of us and my sister in-law was like 50th in line there. They were really organized there. They were giving out pins, stickers, T-shirts, and even cake. When 12 o'clock hit they let everyone in and they just had tables full of books everywhere and every check stand was open so we were out of there by 12:15. When Jamie dropped me off at Barnes and Noble the line was huge. It went all the way back to Micheals. I would guess there was about 2500 people there. Pretty insane. So I am curious to what everyone thinks about the book so if you have read it leave your review of the book in my comments. I will leave my opinion there too so if you have not read the book and do not want to be spoiled then do not look at my comments. Here are some of favorite pics.

If you look closely that lady has a tail apparently she is a wolf.

The girl in blue is Bella at the Prom.

Part of the enormous crowd.

My brother Scott was such a good sport and put up with the insanity
just to be with his wife. He even bought a book for my mom.

Some of the face painting they were doing.

Jaclyn's sisters and sister in-law. Where is Jaclyn you say?
Oh ya she isn't a big fan. Crazy girl.

Jamie, Sydney, Nina, and me at Walmart.
They have some great plants on sale if your wondering.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I wasn't sure about the book at first because it didn't go at all how I thought it would. I thought the wedding would be at the beginning but the pregnancy thing and Jacob imprinting totally shocked me. After finishing it and thinking about I decided I did like it but if I could change anything it would be the end battle. I don't know if I have some hidden aggression I need to get out or something but I wanted there to be more blood shed. All that hype and nothing. I guess it was a mental battle hence the chessboard cover but I could of handled some deaths. They did it in Harry Potter and although its sad it seems more believable. I totally thought Sam was going to kick the bucket and out of the Cullens I could of handled Rosalie, Emmett, or Esme dying. Am I alone in this thought? It wasn't my favorite book but I did enjoy it. Can't wait to hear what others think.

Jenny Kapp said...

It definitely wasn't as good as the other three, but I did really enjoy it. I thought it was a bit predictable after the main surprise of the baby. After that, I could almost tell you exactly how it would all happen. I thought the whole baby thing was a good way to turn Bella into a vampire and have Jacob alright with it.
I did think she did a good job of making it all turn out so everyone was happy. Overall - 4 out of 5 stars!

Erin said...

I loved the book. I thought all of the same things you did. Hated the end battle. Wanted some blood shed. I still think the pregnancy thing is stupid because how can you not have blood but you have sperm. I realize the whole vampire thing is a stretch but come on! Love the plot anyway so I accepted the pregnancy without dwelling too much on the impracticalities. Still bothered by people imprinting on children. Kind of weird but whatever. Hated how Leah was a huge part and them he imprints and you hardly hear of her again. Also she made a big deal about the before and after cars and then barely mentions what the after car was - just thought that was weird. I liked the final book but think it might not make that great of a movie. I mean the "battle scene" will be pretty boring on screen I think.

Ann's ART said...

Hmmm. I am stuck. I have been stuck around page 275 for several days. I don't know if I am going to finish. I am way too critical. I accidentally overheard that Bella really did become a vampire and then i lost motivation. I really didn't think that Stephenie Meyer would do it. I thought she would take a more realistic approach. Anyway, maybe I will finish and have a different opinion