Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Birthday

So my birthday was on Saturday and it turned out great. I spent most of the day out having fun. My mom and my sisters-in-law all took me out to lunch and a movie. We saw 27 dresses which I thought was so cute. It was really funny too. I love James Marsden, I think he has the best smile. Then my mom watched the kids so me and Ben could go to dinner and a movie. Thank goodness for my mom. If it wasn't for her I don't think Ben and I would ever get out of the house. Thank you mom. For my birthday I got some more books, a gift certificates for a date night, a cute magnet board with thoughts for the day, a treat basket, and money for a door to put in the den which I desperately need to keep the kids out. Thanks everybody for the gifts. The kids also decorated the house for me with pictures and crate paper. Kennedy kept asking when everybody was coming over and where my cake was. Ben tried to explain to her that I just wanted a day out. She said but a party with friends and family with cake, presents, and decorations is what birthdays are all about. She was a little sad about that so we made a cake together the next day and I let her sing to me and I blew out the candles. She seemed pretty satisfied with that. All in all it was a pretty good birthday. Thanks to everyone who helped make it that way.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad you had a great birthday...you deserved it!!

The Close's Place said...

It's sooo nice to get the royalty treatment on your birthday. Sounds like you're ready for another 364 days of craziness until your next b-day.

Renee said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday! I think that one year you ought to break down and have us all over for cake and ice cream - don't you want a party to plan and a mess to clean up for your birthday?!