Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Happens When Mom Leaves The House?



THIS DOES. Lately everytime I leave the house the kids start going absolutely crazy. Last week I went out for my birthday and Kennedy and Tate collided causing Kennedy to get a severe bloody nose. Blood got all over the carpet, their clothes, and even on one of my pendant lights in the kitchen. Don't ask me how that happened. Anyways yesterday I went to my parents house to do our taxes and as soon as I get there I get a phone call from Ben saying Kennedy and Tate had collided again. He didn't see it happen but he heard it so he knew it was bad. The result of course is Kennedy's black eye and Tate might have been knocked out for a second. Ben isn't sure if he was or not but he looks alot better than Kennedy. Then later that night Tia took off all her clothes and pooped all over her bedroom so after all these events I think Ben might think twice before letting me out of the house. Does any of this stuff happen when you guys leave or is it just me. Regardless Kennedy had a rough night so this morning I asked if she well enough to go to preschool and she said,"Ya, I want to show all the kids my black eye." Needless to say I have decided that kids recover from everything way faster than adults. Heres hoping all your nights away don't go down like mine do.

6 comments:

Daina Romney said...

so what is Ben doing when all of this is going on! Looks like fun!

The Close's Place said...

Guys have such a different definition of what it means to watch children. In fact, don't most of them refer to watching their 'own' children as "babysitting?"

Since Andrew has no one to collide with, that has never happened. He does have a lovely 'taking the diaper off and pooping in his room' story. But I was the one home :)

Ben Romney said...

When this happened I was responsibly breaking glass on the kitchen floor and taking the kids shoes off seeing who could avoid getting cut the longest. Then we played our favorite game, "Let's talk to strangers". This is the sequal to our first game, "let's pet strange dogs."

It's really too bad this happened, because then we couldn't build the campfire in the living room like I had promised.

Jenny Kapp said...

Poor Ben!! He really is picked on!!! I don't think it is necessarily the dad's fault, I think the kids just know that mom would kill them for some of the things that dad doesn't notice happening!!! It is a good thing kids take every thing so easily in life!

Michelle said...

LOVE Ben's comment!! Poor Kennedy! Just think of it this way...you guys are going to have loads of awesome stories to tell your kids when they get older!!

Renee said...

I know that this response is coming from someone who doesn't have children..but this is hilarious. I'm just happy I wasn't the one cleaning it all up. I am glad that they recovered so quickly and so well. If I were Kennedy, I would brag about my black eye to my friends too.

By the way, Ben, your response is also hilarious! I laughed out loud and went to grab Mom so that she could see what a funny son she has.