Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The 2 1/2 Hour Haircut

So I have decided that I like Kennedy's hair short. She doesn't have really thick hair so it looks better short plus she doesn't scream her head off when I comb it. Well not as much anyways. The last time I had it cut by my friend Melissa but it didn't go especially well. She wouldn't hold still, she was bored, and definitely did not want to stay sitting in that chair. So what is a girl with these dilemmas to do you ask? I decided to try the task myself. I mean why not I've tackled a room with poop all over the walls, bedding, clothes,and the child. A simple haircut should be a piece of cake or so I thought. I put the twins down for a nap, got a cartoon on the TV, and some tasty snacks for Kennedy to munch on which I know is extremely disgusting because she was probably eating some of her own hair since hair gets everywhere when you cut it. But I was positive that this task would not be accomplished without the snacks. I've heard that gum, hair, and fingernails not digesting is just a myth anyways right. Well the cartoon on the TV was not working since she couldn't watch it while putting her head down so I finally came up with the idea to have her watch Toy Story on Ben's PSP which did work for awhile. But of course she kept whining that it hurt and she didn't want to sit anymore. Since I'm not exactly a professional, it was probably taking a little longer than it should have but I couldn't have her walking around looking like Edward Scissorhands either. So half way through the haircut I let her go to the bathroom, play, go outside for a bit. So if you happened to be in my backyard lurking about which you better not have and saw her with one side of her hair cut, that is why. I eventually got to cutting the other half of the hair which became the longest 2 1/2 hours of my LIFE but I think it turned out okay. I might be a little biased though since she is my child and I am the artist of the so called creation a top her head. So when you see us and you think it looks like crap, I would say that it would probably be in your best interest to look at me smile and lie through your teeth. On a side note I have decided that I will never have the desire to have a future career as a hairdresser or a school bus driver for that matter. I always thought that seemed like an unpleasant career choice and mine always seemed extremely unhappy except for the one we thought was having a secret affair with our Jr. High principal. Regardless I have seen my kids bouncing up and down enough for a life time let alone somebody elses. If you have any other job selections you would like to put on the never try list let me know. Until the Adieu.

8 comments:

Daina Romney said...

I cut Mairyn's hair all the time, she does pretty good sitting still though, lucky for me I guess!

Erin said...

I thought Kennedy's hair looked beautiful on Sunday. I was going to ask you who cut it. Too bad you don't want a career in it.

I would never want a job as the person who cleans portable toilets. I feel no further explanation is needed.

April said...

Hey! I linked to your blog from my big sis's (lacee higley) I love your blog. Your kids are so cute! It's so good to see what you're up to. I love blogs, they're a great way to keep in touch with people you never see!

laceemo3 said...

I love her new hair cut!! Way cute!

Jenny Kapp said...

You did a very good job! I cut my girls hair all of the time. I have always thought it was fun! Call me next time and I will help you out!

Diana said...

I attempted to trim McKay's hair just once. I could not believe how hard it was to cut a straight line. Needless to say his hairline kept getting higher and higher trying to even it out. Kent is the barber of our house.

The Close's Place said...

Clippers, my friend, next time cut her hair with clippers :)

Actually that is something I would have totally tried.

Well done enduring the long hair cut.

Ann's ART said...

Nicole, you are hilarious. You have an awesome way of writing about your great experiences. Way funny!