Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Treehouse Museum Fieldtrip

SO Kennedy had a field trip on Tuesday to the Treehouse Museum. What a fun little place for kids but if you think it is a place where you can just sit and watch your kids play you could not be more wrong. It is huge and I was exhausted after following Kennedy all over the place for and hour and a half. I kept hitting my head on all sorts of things especially that tree. Apparently they didn't have adults in mind while building it. She had a lot of fun though and as you can see from the picture she always had to be front and center and first to volunteer. I even caught her trying to volunteer with another class. I was the crazy mom with the camera taking a million pictures. Every group has one and I just happen to be it. Here are a few more pictures of the field trip:


Kennedy volunteered to be the littlest billy goat gruff. Look how brave she is going across that bridge knowing a nasty troll is waiting for her under it. Good thing she is so clever of she would have been dinner.


Kennedy and her friend Hudson with the American flag. She has become obsessed with the flag recently so she wanted a picture with it. Every time we are in the car and she sees one she yells,"American flag mommy. Did you know we live in America?" which I reply,"Yes honey I know we live in America" each and every time.



They had these tiny kimonos for the kids to wear and I couldn't resist putting Kennedy in one and taking a quick snapshot. Can you believe she automatically posed like that? Alright, Alright, so maybe a coached her a bit. I have to admit though I don't think she could pass herself of as Japanese.



They had all this fake Japanese food to play with that Kennedy loved picking up with the chopsticks which probably wouldn't have been possible if they weren't stuck together at the top. Everyone take a good look though cause that's the closest you'll ever get to seeing any of my kids eating any kind of fish. Did I mention Ben and I HATE seafood. I wish I didn't cause it always looks like so much fun to eat.

Kennedy of course spent the most time in the school house. What little kid doesn't love playing school? It isn't until you're actually in school that you discover playing school and going to school are two very different things.


They have a very cool music area. Kennedy has this awful habit of banging on my chest and calling it a drum so it is good to show her what actual drums look like. If she has ever done this to you, my apologies.


Man you guys am I on a roll or what. You would think that we were having another blogger marathon again.

9 comments:

laceemo3 said...

The Treehouse is so fun for kids! They can touch everything and play with everything and moms dont have to worry about them breaking anything! Sounds like you had Fun.

Diana said...

I love your photo that comes up with your comments/profile. It totally cracks me up - especially the caption.

jaclyn said...

good job on the blogging! sorry about your sick kids! i also dig your profile pic... i need to find one!

The Close's Place said...

Our Treehouse membership just expired. We're so bummed, it was so nice to go and just follow Andrew around.

Tiffany & Co. said...

I've been wondering what that place is like. Thanks for sharing your pics. Kennedy is a brave one.

Amy said...

Treehouse museum is great!
Rob and I hate seafood too. My kids cannot believe that people eat fish :)

April said...

I love the treehouse! Kennedy's hair is so cute! I want to cut Devri's hair like it, but she really wants it long.

Jamie Hadlow said...

It's weird to me to see Kennedy looking so grown up and going on field trips for school...time flies. She is such a smart little girl though. I bet she loved Treehouse!

Aleesha said...

Kennedy's hair looks so cute. I didn't know Kennedy was going to preschool. Where is she going?