Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Extravaganza

We started Easter a week early at my moms house with our first Easter egg hunt. Then Saturday we had our second neighborhood egg hunt. Ben smashed all our kids in our bike trailer to take them a total of 10 feet away and as you can see Tia was ecstatic about it. It was freezing but the kids enjoyed themselves regardless and were able to get quite alot of eggs since there were about a million eggs out. I can't imagine why the people hiding the eggs just threw them on the ground. I would have gracefully placed each and every one in a brilliant hiding spot even though there is basically just grass there but I noticed several mole holes lurking about. So maybe a kid gets their hand bit off, who cares. I would consider the fellow lucky to have such an awesome Easter story to tell. Kennedy had her entire basket full as you can see and I am surprised Tia had any eggs at all. As soon as we started Tia found a whole bag of candy on the ground. I am not sure if that was purposefully done but as soon as Tia saw it her eyes got huge and she picked it up and put it in her basket then looked at me and said, "I'm done."
I had to push her too keep picking up eggs. Tate of course spent most of his time trying to find a way to escape the common area. He finally started picking up eggs after awhile. Its a good thing they do the big and little kids separate or he would have definitely ended up empty handed. I think his favorite part was the cookies though. Unfortunately he kept picking up cookies, licking off the frosting and putting them back in the package. So if your kid picked up a cookie like that, I apologize. It was fun and easy though so I am grateful for those who organized it. The last hunt was Sunday night at Ben's grandpas after dinner. Thank you Peggy for doing that one. The Easter bunny also visited magically during church Sunday morning and brought a few toys. On the way home we told Kennedy we thought the Easter bunny might have brought something by and her reply was AGAIN! I am starting to agree with her. I think this Easter bunny is busier than Santa Claus. He did three egg hunts for us alone and stopped by to drop off the toys. Are we starting to do too much for our kids nowadays. I only remember having one egg hunt if we had one at all. Sometimes the Easter bunny at my house decided not to hide eggs and just put them all in the basket. I wonder if we overdue things sometimes and lose the true meaning of holidays. Although when you have little kids the true meaning of Easter can get a little sticky. Ben tried to explain to Kennedy that we celebrate Easter because Jesus died for us and then came back to life and visited people and she was like, HUH! So Ben just stopped before he really freaked her out. Christmas is a little easier. It's Jesus's birthday. All kids can grasp that. Anyways sorry about my incredibly long rant. If you have made it this far I congratulate you and if you post a comment put a smiley face at the end. Just curious about how many people start reading and then decide its too long and just post a comment about something they read already. Excited to see. =)

11 comments:

Rachel and Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun =). Yep I read it all the way through.

Renee said...

I agree with the meanings of holidays getting lost in all the celebrations. Your kids are awesome! It was fun to watch all of the kids enjoying all the treats. :)

Diana said...

Here's the =) Thanks for the bedtime story, you're kids are so cute. Hey, I called to report our VT and discovered that we no longer have Jeanne :( I guess the change was made in Feb and neither of us noticed. So our March visit was a bonus.

The Close's Place said...

I was wondering why my 2 cookies were the only ones with out frosting. Yummy, thanks Tate!
:)

Erin said...

I can't believe that Kennedy didn't understand Easter after my awesome Easter lesson! We resurrected Jesus, Grandparents, babies and all kinds of animals and she did more than anyone! Sheesh. Glad all my efforts are paying off so well! :)

Ann's ART said...

Looks like you guys were as busy as we were. I think we way over did it. We had two hunts and two other visits from the Easter bunny at Grandparent's houses. I think we will simplify next year! :)

Jenny Kapp said...

You are funny!!!! Of course we all read to the end. You never know what someone is going to slip in at the last sentence! :)

jaclyn said...

:D of course i read the whole thing.. it's entertaining!

Jamie Hadlow said...

Of course we read your stuff all the way through:). I know it's not at the end, but that's where I want my smiley face so deal. Looks like you guys had an eventful Easter. Jaxon had three Easter egg hunts on Easter and one earlier. We didn't even bother with the city one...too many. By Jax's last Easter egg hunt I had to hunt his stuff for him. I agree it's hard to teach kids about the true meaning of Easter, especially at our kids' age. I know it's important, though, so I guess we'll have to start soon...Looks like my comment was as long as your post!

Erin said...

Thanks for trying to make me feel better but I taught the lesson the week before Easter. I will just chalk it up to that Kennedy must have a short term memory. That will make ME feel better.

Tiffany & Co. said...

;) Fun post, and yes I read the whole thing. Kennedy's hair looks so cute short, even though it sounds like it was a huge pain to do it yourself. Live and learn!