Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Okay so our weekend getaway wasn't quite as nice as the picture but was still pretty dang good. Ben and I went down to St. George with his brother Kyle and his girlfriend Sherilynn. It was so nice to not have to think about anyone but myself. We spent the weekend reading, relaxing, and taking naps. We saw 10000 B.C. and Jumper and they were both alright. We did a little shopping and eating out which is so much better without kids. What a difference. The first night we all fell asleep at nine. How sad is that but it felt good. We also went to Fiesta Fun to hit some baseballs. Well they hit baseballs while I read. I'm kind of a nerd. I was a great weekend and I need to give a special thanks out to my parents who watched our kids so we could go. They were hanging on by a thin thread by the time we got home but they made it and we appreciate it so much. I also need to thank Cindy and Jay for letting us stay at their amazing house. Can't wait to come down again maybe next time it will be hot enough to get in the pool not that it stopped Ben from still playing in it. He figured if he couldn't swim in it he was going to buy a remote control boat to play with. Sometimes I do not understand how men find somethings so fun. Remote control vehicles is on that list. After five minutes I am done. Anyways can't wait until our next weekend getaway anyone else up for babysitting.


On a side note if you want to hear an interesting story. Our cousin has a friend that works at the ER down there and told him a gruesome story about the Fiesta Fun place we went to. Apparently a women was riding the go carts when her hair got stuck in the wheels and it scalped her from her eyes back. How awful is that. His friend said it was so gross to see. I can't even imagine what everyone was thinking at the park but it didn't kill her. Ben called me today and told me the story is on KSL.com today so if you want to see how she looks now go take a look. She looks pretty good. It is amazing what medical technology can do. Here is the link if you want to take a look: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2835487

8 comments:

Daina Romney said...

that's a horrible story, It freaks me out because we have been to that track as well as many others, it will definitely make me think twice before riding in a go-kart ever again.

Jenny Kapp said...

That was really gross. I went to the link, but no - I did not watch the movie. Yucky!! On the lighter side, I am glad you got a well deserved weekend off! I hope you are feeling a lot more rested! I am jealous!!

Melissa Cheney said...

Yeah for your get-away!! Those weekends are what keep you sane and able to handle the rest of the craziness that we call motherhood.

laceemo3 said...

Im glad you got away and your right posting does feel a little less stalkerish so ill post on yours too...lol. Hope your refreshed feeling of your weekend stays with you for a while.

Jamie Hadlow said...

Gross story. See, I guess it pays to have short hair. Isn't it funny that once you have kids on your nights alone you want to sleep? Our last getaway without Jax was on our anniversary. Yeah, you think we would have stayed up really late (if you know what I mean), but no. We went to sleep seriously early. I felt so old!

Amy said...

Holy Smokes- that was awful- I couldn't bring myself to watch the video.
Reading and sleeping- sounds good to me!

Rachel and Kelly said...

K I totally saw that girl on the news. It was horrible. I'm glad you guys had fun though.

Diana said...

Hats off to us for completing our VT. The relief society lesson was on VT and it felt good to have it done, dispite all the crazy schedules and kids. I like the suggestion on visiting outside.