Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This House Is Clear

This past week I totally felt like I needed an exorcist to get the sickness out of my house. Wednesday Tate woke up not himself and wouldn't eat. I gave him some red juice that in about ten minutes ended up all over my couch. He continued throwing up all day and into the night. The next day he was no longer throwing up but it did start coming out the other end. It was the likes of which I had never seen before and he still did not want to eat. My dad came over for lunch to say hi to the kids and asked Tate if he was sick which he replied, "no" and then Kennedy piped up, "I'm not sick Papa" and then my dad turned to Tia and said "how about you Tia?" He could not of had better timing because right at that moment she ralphed all over the floor and my appetite went with it. She was sick that day but she seemed pretty good the next day except for diarrhea Hooray for me. She was laying on the ground on her stomach in her diaper when I heard it and I knew I was in trouble. I could smell it almost instantly and ran over to her. She stood up and it had exploded all out the front of her diaper. I had never seen anything like it. In one clean swoop she had filled and exploded out of her diaper. It was all over her and the floor. Oh how I love being a mom. It is moments like this that make me realize how unappreciated moms are. Tia was back to her old self in a couple of days but Tate was having the hardest time recovering. I have to admit that I was enjoying it though. He just sat on the couch and watched tv and wanted to cuddle all day. It was really quite nice and I did relish in it while I could. The house seemed so much calmer. I knew Monday that he was feeling better because the fighting began again and the house was being trashed. It made me realize how big of an instigator he is. I do love him regardless and he definitely has his sweet moments and I am glad he is feeling better for his sake. I will miss the really long naps though. Here is a couple of pics that we couldn't help but take. He looks so sweet and obviously not feeling well since he won't touch his food. If any of you know Tate you know he loves his food.

4 comments:

Daina Romney said...

ha, ha, April fools with the baby thing right? I was waiting for someone to do something like today!

Diana said...

Holy Crap... I didn't even read your entire blog. At first I was just excited for you, feeling a little insensitive that I didn't even know you were exspecting. But then when I read 'Nicole's twins' I about had a heart attack. But who knows, maybe you really are and good for you. :) I'll check back tomorrow when it is not April fools. Now I am going to go back and read your post.

Ann's ART said...

Funny April fools joke!! I laughed. I know it isn't real. Unless it is real, and you did it so people would think it was an April fools joke and you really are having twins and when people find out for reals, they will be really shocked. That's what I am hoping for. 5 kids under 5 for Nicole!!!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Um, I totally threw up in my mouth when I read the part about Tia's diaper. I think I would have to hire someone to clean up all the messes, especially the pooey ones, gross! So sorry for you! You deserve the mother of the year award.