Friday, April 18, 2008

Kids Do The Craziest Things

Yesterday we were all playing outside having fun and then Tate and Tia ran inside so I told Kennedy it was time to go inside too but when I tried to open the door it was locked. Tate had dead bolted it. All the blinds were shut so I couldn't see inside so Kennedy and I ran to the front ringing the doorbell but Tate did not want to open it. He just kept staring at us through the side window. I kept telling him to open the door and he would yell NO! I called my parents informing them of the catastrophe and asked if they could come over and save me. I should give someone else besides my parents the key. When I hung up I decided to bribe him. I said Tate do you want some candy and yet again he yelled NO! Do you want a treat? NO! Do you want a drink? NO! I was starting to get pretty mad at this point and Tia comes strolling up to the window. I say Tia do you want some candy and she of course yells YA! I say open the door then. She tries her best but can't figure out the deadbolt. All of the sudden I hear the deadbolt turning and we were able to get in the house. The only thing I can figure is that Tia convinced Tate to open the door so that she could have some candy. Boy does she have a sweet tooth. So that was my panic moment of the week. I kept picturing them destroying my house while I sat outside and froze. So let this be a lesson to all of you never let your kids inside while your outside without a key. Okay so I am probably the only person who has to worry about this so I guess the appropriate warning would be if my kids are ever at your house don't let them run inside without you.


So I never thought I would need two toilets in one bathroom till now. Kennedy and Tia are driving me nuts. They keep fighting over the toilet. Now my kids fight over alot of things but I have got to be honest a never thought a toilet would be one of them. One of them will say I have to go potty and the other says me too. Then it is a mad dash sprinting to the toilet to see who can get there first. Whoever does will sit there forever and mock the other. I keep trying to inform them that there are other toilets in the house but it doesn't matter cause the only one they want is the one that the other is sitting on. Is that just totally ridiculous or is it just me?

5 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Nicole, you could write a book. Your blog is my favorite - always a good laugh. My kids do the same thing with the potty, it is not uncommon for me to make potty assignments to avoid the fighting.

Erin said...

Don't feel too bad. I also got locked out of my house yesterday by Zach. I was outside talking to my neighbor and I watched the garage door shut. All the other doors were locked. I waited knowing Zach had the keys to the cars as well. I figured eventually the door would open even if was by a car coming through it. After about 10 minutes the door opened again, Zach was alive and the cars untouched so it worked out. (Let's not tell Matt about this.)

Glad to hear you will be in the running for Mother of the Year with me!

Amy said...

I remember when Halle was potty trained -- she was barely two but she knew that she could irritate Jax by sitting on the toliet for longer when he had to go. I was so glad when we moved to a townhome with 2 bathrooms. But occasionally they would still fight about them.
Nicole- you crack me up. Seriously!

Jenny Kapp said...

I have been locked out of the house by Elise several times. No convincing her to even come to the door. She hides in her room or somewhere laughing her head off. Not funny but not the worst thing she has ever done either!

Renee said...

I think you need an extra washer and dryer to go along with the toilet and more importantly a few more hands.