Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ben I Swear I Tried

So Ben told me yesterday that I needed to post some good things about our children not just the negative. There are definitely positive things about my children and I love them completely. It's just the negative is so much more entertaining and more fun to write about. Am I right or am I right? You guys tell me should I stop writing about my mishaps with my kids? Anyways this morning I woke up having every intention to right a positive uplifting blog about my kids which lastest approximately 2 minutes. However long it took for me to put on some clothes and walk into Kennedy's room to be exact. I opened her door and found her room empty but heard two giggling girls in the closet which should not happen since I specifically put a lock on their closet so they can not get into it. But apparently someone, not to name any names, Ben, forgot to lock it last night. Which brings us back to me standing outside their closet door praying that they are just in their playing Pattie cake. Well we all know that not all prayers are answered and this happens to be one. I could not even open the door because so many clothes were jammed behind it. Now this has happened before hence the lock but never to this magnitude. I was able to crack the door wide enough to pull both of them out of the closet. I sent them immediately to a timeout and since I had to rush Kennedy to preschool I reached in and randomly picked out an outfit out of the pile to put her in. I told them that they were grounded which means none of the 3C's(cartoons,coloring,computer)for the day. I also made them sit on the bed the entire time that I cleaned it up which was around an hour if not more. When I asked Kennedy why they did it she simply replied,"My doll was naked and I had to get her some clothes." which you could tell from the look on her face that she felt that was a perfectly logical excuse for the mess. Well everyone says that a picture is worth a thousand word so here is the before and after. Everything in the plastic drawers was also pulled out.

So needless to say tomorrow I will try again. I am thinking of going downstairs and posting my blog before they wake up. I think it will be easier that way.

8 comments:

laceemo3 said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!!! How did they get all that down???? Little Cute Stinkers! That pic is adorable!

Diana said...

This just validates why I hate the famous question which is so often asked to SAHM's "What do you do all day?" Hang in there - I think you are amazing. Are you up for VT tomorrow? Give me a call.

Renee said...

I wish I could look that adorable when I get into trouble. Hang in there Nicole (no pun intended)!!

April said...

Wow they have a lot of clothes! They look really cute & once it's cleaned up, you'll laugh about it. We all have our moments don't we?

Jenny Kapp said...

Definitely blog before the kids awaken in order to post positive items! Kids can make the biggest messes so very quickly! It is unbelievable!!!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Why, why, why would they do that? I don't know how you do it, Nicole. I would just freak.

The Close's Place said...

Yikes!! How long did that take them to rip all that stuff down? I'm with Tiff, I don't get the reason of pulling down their clothes. Do all girls do that stuff?

Amy said...

NIcole- I love your stories. I am so sorry that you have to lock all the doors and clean up those messes- I would not be able to keep up. You are awesome! Did you make Ben clean up the mess since he forgot to lock the closet?