Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Reason To Celebrate, A Reason To Cry, And A Reason To Laugh/Kill

We past a huge milestone this week. We have one less child to potty train. HOORAY! She has been ready for awhile but I was dreading trying to potty train because Kennedy was really hard. I think she has a small bladder which made it hard to control. Tia is the exact opposite. The first day I wasn't sure how it was going to go because she had one accident but the rest of the time she just held it until I put her in a diaper for her nap and then when she woke up she held it until she went to bed. Now that's some control. The next day she had one accident and then I got her to go on the toilet and ever since then she hasn't had an accident. Pretty easy peasy. I am so grateful. I am not sure about number 2 though because she keeps holding that until she gets in her diaper. I'm hoping she'll get the hang of it like she did with peeing and yes she is holding a yatzee game. That's exactly why I took this picture. I couldn't stop laughing.




So this is my sad story of the week. Ben decided to cut Tates hair which I was fine with but I had no idea how short. He buzzed him using the shortest attachment. I was so devastated at first. He looked completely bald and I know it will grow fast but that whole day every time I looked at him it made me sad. I tried to get a good picture but he wasn't in the mood obviously. The moral of the story girls is get more clarification from your husband when dealing with all things hair.



I just had to post this picture although at the time I was pretty pissed off but I knew that later I would be able to appreciate the moment. This occurred during lunch. I made them all lunch and topped it off with some chocolate milk. I then proceeded into the den when I began to hear these very loud spitting noises. By the time I got back to the kitchen the damage had been done. They were both cover from head to toe in chocolate milk as was the table, chair, and floor. They look pretty happy for being covered in chocolate milk. I don't think I would have shared the same sentiment if I had been the recipient of the so called spitting war. Well Cheers everyone.

8 comments:

Ben Romney said...

Boy, I gotta tell ya, you and I sure do make some great kids.

I still Like Tates hair by the way.

Dang their cute......

jaclyn said...

tate's hair is really cute! joe wanted to buzz cade's but i opted for a professional!

laceemo3 said...

You can see how cute his face is with his new hair cut it brings out his eyes.

Jenny Kapp said...

I am glad you found some fun times with the kids! You met your goal! Yeah for TIA!!!

April said...

Yeah! You've gotta love potty trained kids! Tate looks so cute even with buzzed hair.

Amy said...

I like Tate's hair-- and it is always going to look done- what more could you ask for?

Yeah!!! for being potty-trained (minus the cleaning up from accidents).

Your kids are adorable.

Diana said...

Tia's red hair just makes me smile. She looks so dang cute sitting on that potty. Wow, where has the time gone?? BTW Ben is a brave man taking all three kids to the mall by himself without a stroller. He was a pro. sorry to hear your not feeling well.

Renee said...

I have to agree with Ben on this one. DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!! Love the pictures especially Tia on the toilet with a game. She deffinately belongs to our family. I also think that Tate looks good in chocolate. At least Kennedy missed out on this one. Grandkids are the best!