Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ben and I's First Date


I actually have a picture of our first date which probably wouldn't have been taken if it hadn't been Halloween. Most men would probably run for the hills if a girl wanted to take a picture on a first date but I lucked out with it being a holiday and all. I was a sheriff/cowboy and Ben was, I'm not exactly sure. He just dressed up in a bunch off stupid looking stuff. I think he still has that shirt sadly enough. It was his clubbing shirt and him and his friends all had one but in different colors. Pretty scary huh! Did I mention that I tried to take an actual old timer handgun of my dads in a holster. It didn't have bullets in the gun but there was in the holster around my waist. My dad caught me and almost killed me right on the spot. Not one of my brighter ideas I suppose. Anyways we went to a couple of parties up at Weber State. A fraternity one and then an institute one. I know polar opposites. At the institute one they were having a dance and I kept waiting for Ben to ask me to dance but instead him and his friends watched while my friend and I danced with all the other guys who had the guts to ask a girl they didn't even know. Finally on the last song he asked me. I guess he must of thought it is now or never. Afterwards everyone just wanted to go home excluding me and Ben but neither of us had the guts to stick together while everyone else left. That night I wondered when I might see him again and luckily it turned out it was the very next day.

6 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Great picture!! Very scary shirt!!! How long have you guys been married?

Nicole said...

It will be seven years this June.

Aleesha said...

Does Ben have an earring? Or maybe my eyes just aren't working right since I didn't get much sleep last night.

Michelle said...

I love seeing old pictures of people. I think you guys look way cute!!

Jenny Kapp said...

What a fun story. I am glad it all worked out - even if Ben had a hard time asking you to dance!

Amy said...

You both look great in your halloween garb- So funny- Seven years in June? Awesome!