Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our New Member Of The Family


I lost my sanity for a moment yesterday and I let Ben buy a dog. I love animals to death but I told myself no dogs till our kids get older but those dang puppy dog eyes hypnotized me into bringing him home. We decided to name him Rizzo if the name sounds familiar it might be because of the Muppets. We have named all our pets after muppets and Rizzo really seems to fit him. Ben promised that whenever he was home the dog would be his responsibility. We'll see how long that lasts. He is a jack russel terrier and his heritage links back to Wishbone. When we got his papers, I realized that the dad is one of Suzie Radtke's dogs. Small world huh and no we are not trying to steal the Reeds thunder. If any of you have seen a picture of Rylee, you would know that it isn't possible. Kennedy is so excited about the dog. When we brought him home she asked can we keep him forever. As for the twins in all honesty, they are more interested in shutting themselves in Rizzo's kennel than playing with him. I know I'm crazy. I let Ben get away with too much. Here's hoping I don't regret this. With a face like that how could I.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I am already having withdrawals! I keep asking Matt if I can go play with Rizzo. Seriously, such a cute dog!!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations on your new addition. Rizzo is adorable (cutter than wishbone). We love our dog and she is definately a part of our family. I'm sure you know this already but dogs are seriously as much work as kids, especially when they are puppies. So I hope Ben works short hours over the next few months! gg (that's for jaclyn). Seriously, I am stalking you all.

Jenny Kapp said...

Good luck my friend!! Very cute dog though!

The Close's Place said...

Yikes!!! Does this replace having a 4th child for the time being?

Nicole said...

I think it does. Ben better hope this is a very good dog or he won't be getting another child out of me. My brother gave me some advice on how he potty trained his dog in a week so I am going to give it a try.

Tiffany & Co. said...

What a cute dog! Puppies are the best and the worst! I think that breed of dog is kinda hyper isn't it? What dog isn't really?! Every family needs a dog. So congrats on the new addition to the family. Rizzo's a great name too.

Aleesha said...

Jack Russell puppies are the cutest dogs ever! If they could stay looking like that, but yet have all the qualities of a fully trained, well behaved dog, I would probably get one too. Good luck! Ben owes you big time.

Amy said...

So cute! I have resisted a dog thus far. We have Annabelle which is more than enough for me. He is SOO cute. I haven't seen a picture of Rylee yet. I'll bet she is a doll.

Rachel and Kelly said...

Ohhh. He is so cute. We will have to get him and Dax together to play.

Ann's ART said...

I can't beleive you got a dog! I bet Kennedy is in heaven though. My father in law and brother in law both just got new puppies and my kids are obsessed. Maura even told her school teacher that we bought a new house to make room for the dogs we are getting. Aaron vows that he will not let them get one....EVER!!!