Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Husband Tag

My friend Jamie just tagged me and it gave me the motivation to get started again. Hopefully it will do the same for some of you. If you read this then your tagged.

What is his name?

Benjamin David Romney - a.k.a: Ben, pumpkin, spanky, and baby bum

How long have you been together?

June 8th with be our seventh year of marriage but we met around Halloween and were together pretty much everyday since we met so over seven years.

How long did you date?

From met to marriage was a little over 8 months

Who eats more?

Ben. He can eat as much as he wants and still keep that baby bum. Jerk!

Who said I love you first?

He did. Although a week later he denied it. He use to always say I love you. I think I love you, I think. I'd say well that is super flattering. Try not to let your head explode over all that thinking. The words I think still haunt me to this day. In his defense, I was the only girl he ever said he loved and he was terrified of marriage but I snagged him regardless.

Who is taller?

He is. I'm 5'4" and he's about 6'

Who is smarter?

Totally depends on the subject matter although Ben would probably say he is.

Who does the laundry?

It is about even although if it were up to me I would burn all our clothes and just go naked. There is nothing I mean nothing I hate doing more that laundry.

Who does the dishes?

I do most of the time. Ben does every once and a while but I end up taking them out of the dish washer and doing them again so I pretty much do all the dishes.

Who sleeps on the right?

I do because I'm always on the right side of everything.

Who pays the bills?

I do. Ben doesn't like seeing all our money disappear.

Who mows the lawn?

Ben. I have never mowed a lawn in my life and I'd like to keep it that way.

Who cooks dinner?

We have a wonderful chef named Betty Crocker. Everything she makes is fantastic.

Who drives when you are together?

He does. The only way he can get me to drive is if I am picking him up from the hospital and he physically can't. He doesn't like when I drive anyways. I am a pretty aggressive driver although I have never been in an accident and Ben can't say the same but as you all know Ben is a crap magnet.

Who is more stubborn?

Me. Ben hates confrontation so he lets things go.

Who kissed who first?

He did. It wasn't till kiss three that I reciprocated. In my defense, he kept kissing me in mid sentence and you all know how I love to talk.

Who asked who out first?

I did I suppose. The first time I ever did that and if it wasn't for my mom lost in Target I would have never been bored and called him. Now that I think about it he did ask me out before that but I already had a date that night so I had to say no. That's why I called him. I thought he might need some encouragement after being turned down.

Who proposed?

He did. Once while we were wrestling in his basement and again once he had the ring in front of the Bountiful temple.

Who has more siblings?

He definitely does. 8 kids and his mom said she would have had 2 more if she could. Crazy huh. There are only three kids in my family.

Who wears the pants?

I do hand down. Ben is a total push over and our kids know it. Take a guess who our kids will probably run to when they want a sleepover. Although I do have to say that Ben does look quite magnificent in a dress.

What is his idea of a perfect date?

Going for some Mexican food followed by Nickelcade. He is really hard to please.

What is his favorite thing?

His boat. Sometimes when I can't find him anywhere I take a look in the garage and he'll just be sittin in the boat. I guess the boat must be lonely and need his company.

10 comments:

jaclyn said...

poor ben.. he'll never live down his baby bum!! thanks for updating your blog!!

Jenny Kapp said...

How cute our little Ben is! I know how that probably makes him feel so masculine! That was a lot fun to learn about ben!

The Close's Place said...

Glad to see you're back!!

Michelle said...

You are definitely my motivation to get going again. Thanks for the idea!

Amy said...

Nicole- you crack me up- you are so funny!

Melissa Cheney said...

Too funny! Thanks for the "insider info" on Ben. The blogs have been a great way to get to know everyone better. Even though we've been here since June, I still feel like such a newbie! Probably cuz we've all been hole up in our houses for the longest winter of our lives!!

Tiffany & Co. said...

What's this business about a baby bum?! Maybe I don't want to know...

Nicole said...

We were all playing loaded questions and they asked what is your favorite body part on your spouse. I put down his baby bum and he hasn't been able to live it down since.

Tiffany & Co. said...

That game exposes too many embarrassing habits or secrets, but I love it!

Jamie Hadlow said...

We've been to Nickelcade with you guys and Ben is seriously very in love with that place. You guys totally outlasted us, and I have no idea how late you stayed! It's crazy that you and Ben have been together so long. It's funny to think back to the good old days before we met our hubbys...good times (don't tell Ryan!).

You need to keep your blogging goin'...come on! You're the one who got me to blog and now I post twice as much as you!