Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Fort



This snow thing is getting out of control. I am grateful for the moisture don't get wrong but for those without snow blowers it can be a real pain in the back. Anyways Ben decided to take advantage of all the snow and make a snow fort for the kids. He spent over an hour digging a hole and a trail to get inside and when he was finished he stuck a beautiful orange flag on top of it(in case any of you were wondering what the flag was for). The kids all ran out excited when he was finished and spent a total of 30 seconds in it before deciding that they wanted to go make snow angels instead. All that work for 30 seconds of bliss but for those of you who know Ben I think the snow fort was probably more for him than them. He seriously has considered sleeping in it which is completly crazy to me when there is a perfectly good house with a fire burning right next to it. There are just some things about my husband that I don't think I will ever understand which I think might be a good thing. I'm just grateful to Ben for having the energy to make these memories happen.

8 comments:

Tiffany & Co. said...

I cannot believe how much snow you have! It's crazy! I love snow forts, I think it's totally awesome that Ben built the kids a snow fort. Just think this might be one of the only years you have enough snow to do it. I wouldn't put it past him to go out there and sleep overnight. Brrrrrr!

Michelle said...

I kinda want to go inside it...we should play a game of Settlers in there! That would be a great memory!!

Debbie said...

Hi Nichole - We are pretty sick of the snow, too, but we don't have near as much as you do. I love the song on your blog. What's the name of it and who's singing?

Jenny Kapp said...

Ben rocks! Deep inside the kid in all of us is very jealous that you have a snow fort and we don't. The adult thinks it is way too cold to play in it longer than 30 seconds though!! It is always good that husbands can revert back to the child quicker for the sake of fun for our kids!

Daina Romney said...

I love snow forts, the girls and I built one a few years ago and it was so much fun. I can't say I would go for sleeping in it, but I do love playing in them.

The Close's Place said...

Tell him if he decides to sleep in it to call Jason, he always wants to go camping in the snow. Don't get it at all!!!

Rachel and Kelly said...

I remember making snow forts with Ben. I loved those. I am sure it was mostly for him.

Amy said...

I am trying not to be negative about the snow- but come on!